“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” // John 14:27
This week has been a rough one for me. It has been very hard for me to keep peace in my heart, soul, and mind. Some of the things I deal with, as an attack of the enemy, are through my current circumstances. The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He loves to steal our peace. There are things in my life that bring me a great deal of stress. I know it is that way with most people as well. As for me, I allow things to control me in such a way to where I am not effective in the Kingdom of God. Now, I do not cuss and spit and fight or whatever, but I do beat myself up and dwell on my present, or even future circumstances, to the point of mental meltdowns. I work at a bank. The days I don’t work at the bank I am babysitting. So all summer long all I’ve done is work, except for my vacations. I am still 16, so it has been a very growing and maturing process for me this summer. I have learned so so so many things through my working experiences. Here are some of the things I have learned:
• You will never please everyone as long as you are living on this earth; It’s just human nature. People are all different and not everyone will understand you.
• You are not meant to be perfect. There was one person who was, and we are certainly not him. Also, the bible talks about how we face certain trials in our lives so that we may become more like Jesus. Through perseverance and failures we create character.
• Do not settle for a mediocre life, job, husband, (or wife if you’re a guy reading this,) anything! God has so much in store for you. He has great and wonderful things that he desires for you to have. It is our duty as Christians to lend and ear to hear his voice. He will never leave you astray. If you listen close enough, he has something to say concerning your every circumstance or condition. Pray, just talk to the Father.
• NEVER compare yourself to others. All that does is still your joy and create scars in your heart. You are uniquely and wonderfully made! You have traits and qualities that no one else might have! Learn how to love yourself first. Speak life over yourself. Tell yourself you’re beautiful. Tell yourself that you are wonderfully made. Tell yourself that you have your own personal gift to offer to the world. If you look at yourself through the eyes of God, you will never be disappointed. After all, his say is the only one that truly matters.
• Most importantly, you are NOT a failure. So what if you’re not the greatest at what you are doing? You learn, you grow, and you do YOUR best even though you feel like it’s useless. Stick it through. You will receive your reward in full. Maybe it’s God nudging you away from something he doesn’t see benefitting you. It really can be a painful process to endure… But it’s so worth it in the end. Finding who you are and who you are called to be is always worth the struggles, trials, and hardships you may face. You will face them, too. It is enevitable. Just know that there is a God in heaven who adores you and is perfectly pleased with you. He loves you no matter what. He always has and he always will.